Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy New Year?




So we are well into the New Year.


How are things going?


Interestingly, this year is different around the gym. Fewer resolutions, and the remaining ones are more realistic.




I cannot tell you how pleased I am to see this occur. I have fought with and cried over my weight for literally as long as I can remember (I still cannot shop at Sears because I remember trying to squeeze my thighs into a pair of Toughskins jeans for husky girls when my slender friends were wearing "fancy pocket jeans" ala-1979). I have tried diet after diet, made exercise plan after exercise plan. I was an expert on diet and exercise before I became a trainer. Now I consider myself an expert on nutrition, lifestyle, and activity.




Finding the right plan, the right gym, the right running shoes is not the answer to thinner thighs and FINALLY feeling okay about yourself and your body. The answer is caring anough about yourself to take care of the gift that is our body and the miracle that is our spirit. Eat a balanced homecooked meal because it gives you energy to play with your kids or get going in the morning without a Frappichino. Go for a walk or take a new exercise class to improve your flexibility or endurance, not as punishment because you were 'bad' at lunch.


You don't have to love it. You don't have to like it.


But you have to love yourself.


But like the ass calluses you need to make it through a spin class, this process does not occur overnight. So strap on some padded shorts and suck it up darlin'. You are worth the discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment