Thursday, March 19, 2009

Intersting editorial from Spark People...

cut from http://www.dailyspark.com/blog.asp?post=confession_i_may_not_be_perfect_but_im_still_fit_healthy

What do you think?

I have had positive reinforcement for not being a size 4, but have also had snide comments made about me at the gym by members, co-workers, and even supervisors. She makes some interesting points! I am strong with decent cardiovascular fitness, but the weight I am at now is not a healthy one. Am I role model for not being perfect, or only when I have lost the weight (again)? I think there is a benefit in the struggle, but its not like I can wear a banner than says hey- be nice to me I have eaten through a major illness, severe depression, and injury. It is hard having your weakness strapped to your outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment