1. Exercise helps keep arteries flexible and malleable for heart disease and heart attack prevention.
2. Weight reduction can reduce blood pressure, glucose, triglycerides and total cholesterol-all contributors to heart disease.
3. Exercise inhibits fat growth around the midsection, which contributes to diabetes. “Angry, dynamic” belly fat is also linked to damaged blood vessels, heart disease, liver disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Exercise is a drug-free antidepressant.
5. Exercise can be social, which has been shown to improve general happiness.
6. Strength training improves bone density, which helps prevent osteoporosis.
7. Strength and flexibility training helps protect the body against injuries during activities of daily living.
8. Participation in group sports can help make improvements in hand-eye coordination and reflexes.
9. Exercise can help tone muscles and create a leaner appearance.
10. When you work out with Melissa life is THAT MUCH BETTER! (o.k. so I added that last one!)