Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Can lack of sleep kill you?


If a lack of sleep can, I had better call up Fisher and Sons and pre-arrange my services as soon as possible! Since the birth of my sons (four and almost seven years ago) I have both grown and sacrificed. But nowhere have I grow more than my waistline, and never before have I sacrificed so much self-care.

When I really think about it, the not-so-good habits I struggle with can be rooted in lack of sleep.

Who wants to exercise after a few hours of sleep?

Who wants to cook a balance meal after a 12 or 16 hour day working or taking care of the family?

For a comfort eater like myself, lack of sleep can cause terrible carbohydrate seeking as I look for a way to make myself "feel better" as I drag through an afternoon, or "reward" myself after a long day with a treat.


None of these are consistent with my real, true , core goals and it really is time to change them if I want a quality of life for myself and my family.

I suppose it all starts with an earlier bedtime. What better time than tonight!

For more info on the importance of sleep and health check out this article on slate.com:

No comments:

Post a Comment